- Get started with great vision today. Visit one of our offices and start looking at the world through fresh eyes.
Conditions Treated by Your Optometrists and Ophthalmologists in Hot Springs
One of the biggest reasons Holt Eye Clinic is the preferred eye care center for so many residents in the Hot Springs area is the comprehensive range of conditions we're equipped to treat. In addition to the primary care services provided by our team of optometrists, our ophthalmologists are able to provide ophthalmology services such as advanced eye disease treatment and eye surgery. This makes us a "one-stop shop" for any and all eye and vision problems. Our team can help you with the following conditions:
- Dry Eyes - Dry eyes are the result of either too little tear production or tear film that contains the wrong balance of oils, mucin, and water. Your Hot Springs optometrist can figure out what's causing your dry eyes and recommend eye drops, lifestyle changes, and other effective remedies.
- Cataracts - Cataracts cloud your vision by causing the lenses of your eyes to lose their transparency, producing symptoms such as "halos" around light sources, poor night/color vision and blurred vision. If your vision is too severely affected for your optometrist to correct through conservative options, your ophthalmologist in Hot Springs can arrange for the diseased lenses to be replaced with clear new artificial lenses.
- Macular Degeneration - Macular degeneration slowly destroys the part of your retina that provides you with your central field of vision, making it difficult to see what's in front of you. We can slow the progress of this irreversible eye disease through lifestyle changes, nutritional supplementation, injectable medications and, if necessary, laser treatment to control bleeding inside the eye.
- Diabetic Eye Disease - Like macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease can damage retinal tissue and cause bleeding from abnormal blood vessels proliferating in the eyes. The discovery of this problem during a routine eye exam may be the first time you realize that you even have diabetes, which we urge you to get under control. Our ophthalmologists can also provide medical and surgical treatment to help preserve eyesight.
- Glaucoma - Glaucoma is a condition that usually stems from poor drainage of the fluid constantly being produced inside the eye, with the resulting high pressure damaging the optic nerves. The optometrists at Holt Eye Clinic can slow glaucoma with topical and oral medications. Our Hot Springs ophthalmologists can treat more severe glaucoma with surgical procedures to improve eye drainage.
- Low Vision - If you're suffering from low vision, don't despair. Hot Springs optometrist Dr. Graham Holt has specialized training in low vision treatment and can equip you with viewing aids and other handy devices that can help you get most out of your eyesight.
Get the Optometry and Ophthalmology Help You Need at Holt Eye Clinic in Hot Springs, AR
Holt Eye Clinic has the optometry and ophthalmology expertise to treat any eye conditions you may encounter. Contact us to today to schedule the help you need at 501-624-0609!